Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bill Murray will not do Ghostbusters III

Thanks to STYD for the info:

Dan Aykroyd talked about this vaguely earlier this month, but he has now confirmed to The Telegraph that Bill Murray won't be a part of Ghostbusters 3, if the film gets made at Sony Pictures.

"I honestly don't know. At this point it's in suspended animation," he said when asked about the film's status. "The studio, the director Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis feel there must be a way to do it, but Bill Murray will not do the movie. He doesn't want to be involved. He's got six kids, houses all over America. He golfs in these tournaments where they pay him to turn up and have a laugh. He's into this life and living it. I know we'd have a lot of fun [but] I can't be mad at him. He’s a friend first, a colleague second. We have a deep personal relationship that transcends business and he doesn’t want to know."


Whaddya think?

3 comments:

  1. I think they should either kill off his character and move forward or kill the project entirely. They're likely going to have an "it's not the same without him" mentality to deal with, so they'd have to make the story really compelling to overcome that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say kill him off, Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BILL MURRAY, but what an ego he has now. He has always said he wanted to be a ghost in this one anyway, just motion capture him like Jim Carrey in "A Chistmas Carol", don't need a live person. I know you hate CGI JT, but in this instance I think it would work out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are many good ways to go about it...but being hollywood.....they wont. They'll get seth rogan or jonah hill or some annoying trendy actor.

    ReplyDelete