Thursday, June 9, 2011

Universal rebooting The Wolfman?


Here's an interesting piece of news for all classic horror fans -

The latest is that Universal has been considering a sequel to their Wolfman remake (which I actually dug, and that puts me in a very small minority apparently.....), but now it looks like they want to reboot yet again.

Apparently, the script submitted by Michael Tabb was in fact a sequel. The studio wants it "rewritten and reworked to be an original film – almost a reboot of the classic Universal monster movie series." They want this new version to share a link with the original flick from '41. No director has been hired yet, and there's no cast, but shooting is said to start this fall.

Another story suggests that it will go direct to DVD and not theaters.

Meh - not sure how I feel about this. I would love to see the studio do more with their classic characters but I'm not feeling this so far. I guess I will withhold judgment until we learn more about a director, actors and a theatrical release.

5 comments:

  1. I don't really understand the statement that the del Torro movie was meant as a sequel ..... and I was also one of the people who thought it was quite good. Not great, but very watchable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh really?...why?...why can't people let things go, i already didnt really like the 2010 version why would they attempt making another one? has no one heard of the Golden Law 'if thee first movie sucked then so shall thee sequel'? (ok so maybe its not a golden law etched in stone but rather something i came up with after much experience).lol, still doesn't change the fact that im always skeptical on sequels..but ok let me not be so harsh, i guess i will do the same, wait and reserve my comments until it actually comes out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put me in the minority with ya J.T., I dug the remake too. I'm curious to see where this new sequel goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm . . . taking a wait-and-see attitude. I think they should just let the classics stand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm part of the minority too. Not sure about that sequel though.

    ReplyDelete