Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Josh Brolin & Tim Burton developing “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”


Groovy monster news.

Tim Burton and Josh Brolin are working with Warner Bros. on a big screen version of Victor Hugo’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

They are working with writers Kieran and Michele Mulroney (the writers of the upcoming Sherlock Holmes sequel. Brolin is said to be the main force behind the project, and he will produce and star. Burton is said to be “interested” but wants to see a script before he becomes involved.

I would love to see what Brolin would do in the role, but would prefer Burton passes. Plus, really, would Burton do the flick without Mr. Depp?

4 comments:

  1. Hey! No dissin' the divine Mr Depp! But I know what you mean about Tim Burton. He's got a certain style that doesn't work for every film concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I agree with you. Love Depp myself, but this lovefest between the two is getting kinda creepy....in the not good way :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't say that I am really excited about this project, never really thought of this project needing a remake...never really thoucared for Brolin either, although he was pretty funny in "W".

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be an interesting team up. I dont really see how the two would mesh but I never discount Tim Burton coming up with something cool for everyone to see. If johnny isnt in the filem them im sure Tim would find a wat to work helena in!

    ReplyDelete