Friday, February 11, 2011

The Walking Dead action figures


McFarlane Toys announced two deals for figures based on “The Walking Dead.”

First, they cut a deal with AMC for figures based on the show, and they also reached a deal with Robert Kirkman for figures based on the comic book. From the article:

The first series of deluxe 6-inch figures is releasing in September 2011, includes four fan-favorite characters from the Image comic book including:

THE WALKING DEAD Series 1
Officer Rick Grimes
Michonne
Zombie Lurker
Zombie Roamer

The second series of deluxe 6-inch figures is revealed in November 2011 and introduces four figures based on AMC’s original drama including:
THE WALKING DEAD Series 2
Deputy Rick Grimes
Daryl Dixon
Zombie Walker
Zombie Biter


Pretty sweet!

4 comments:

  1. I hope these figures are just as detailed as the Spawn series. I love The walking Dead, and I waited a long time for something like it to come to TV. I am a Dish Network subscriber and I love being able to watch AMC in HD. I'm a busy guy between work and going to school but I don’t miss an episode, it ether gets recorded to my DVR or I watch the show on Dish's mobile app. I can’t wait for the next season to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I suppose it was inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look pretty durned good! I would have preferred them to be in the 7" scale, since the vast majority of horror-themed figures fall in that category, but whatchagonnado? I know I'll still be snagging these when they hit stores!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing! McFarlane is an exceptionally creative person, I have been a fan of his for a long time and I even own a few of the Twisted Oz characters. Thanks for the heads up JT...you da man!!!

    ReplyDelete