Monday, January 31, 2011

Traildance Film Fest: Tons of Movies, Tons of Fun

Hey everyone, Saturday night I drove about an hour south of my house to Duncan, OK and attend the 2011 Traildance Film Festival. This award-winning festival is quickly becoming a major player on the film fest circuit. Everything was absolutely top-notch, from the support staff, film selections, film maker Q&A's, to the vendors and the facilities.
Since I drove down Saturday I missed allot of the movies I wanted to screen, which of course screened Friday night. But I did get to see the following films...
  • The Devil's Toy (short)
  • Eagles in the Chicken Coup (feature - not horror, but friggin excellent
    The Last Trick or Treater (short) - That's the upper pic with Darla Vanskike, the director, Dana Pike, producer/actress and two other cast members from the film
  • Death Before Dawn (short)

At allot of these festivals I attend...I believe...their success COULD be measured by the quality of vendors they can get to attend. Fortunately I knew most of them there and they made the weekend a ton of fun for my wife and myself. I have to give a quick shout out to a few of them..

Felix Matos, an amazingly talented artist from Oklahoma City...Felix, I'm still laughin dude.


Dennis McDonald, a gifted horror writer from the Tulsa area. Which our own Johnny Thunder is going to write a review after he has finished reading the book.


Joe Garcia, from FastCustomShirts.com. I bought a bad ass HP.Lovecraft shirt at his booth.

Stephanie Evans, her Day of the Dead art is very cool indeed.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a kick-ass time! I’m glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add the HP Lovecraft shirt design.

    ReplyDelete