Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hammer developing TV & stage projects


Hammer is looking to expand its horror brand from films to the small screen and the theater as well. From the BBC:

Hammer chief executive Simon Oakes said the company was "very keen to build a television business" alongside its current film and publishing projects.

"Television is incredibly important," Mr Oakes told the BBC. "I like the idea of going against conventional wisdom. People tell me that anthology doesn't work any more. So that makes me think let's try and make it work."

Hammer's last excursion into traditional TV was with the Hammer House of Horror and Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense series in the first half of the 1980s.

"I think it's possible to do this anthology series where Hammer House of Horror has a one hour event story every week," Mr Oakes added.
Hammer is also expected to announce details of a theatrical project before the end of this month.

"We are creating a Hammer Theatre of Horror," Mr Oakes said. "I believe that the best brands can exist in multimedia... and I think there's no better storytelling platform than the theatre."


Sound very promising to me! Definitely looking forward to more from the studio, and would love to see a television anthology. More details as they come!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! That just made me soooooo happy!!! Woo hoo!!! (Soing happy frog queen dance!)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete