Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Munsters revival/update pilot ordered by NBC


I'm a huge fan of the original series The Munsters. There was a certain magic in the show (and of course The Adams Family) that I don't think has really ever been recaptured by any subsequent interpretations. So, I can' say I'm really thrilled about this news.

NBC has announced it has ordered a pilot of a remake of the show. Bryan Fuller (Pushing Daisies) is writing the script, and the vibe has been described as "Modern Family meets True Blood." Also, the story claims "rumors suggest" Guillermo del Toro is also "interested."

Again, who knows whether this will even get picked up as a series, so I may be jumping the gun. I'm also curious about casting of the characters. And finally - uhm, doesn't del Toro have about 235 other projects announced?

2 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    This is one of my all time favorite shows, I even have their theme song as one of my ringtones. Fred Gwynne would be turning over in his plot right about now. If memory serves me, didn't they try this before with John Schuck and Lee Merriweather....man was it awful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I'm optimistic about this project. Some things just don't translate well, forty years on. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete