Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Poe biopic directed by Stallone


I recall reading about this dream project of his a long while back, and now Stallone talked a bit about it to MTV.

Here's what he had to say:

"I will direct it, but it's never gonna live up to the hype," he said. He jokingly added, "No matter what I do it's going to bomb, totally. Totally! When you've been talking about something for 30 years, it's impossible [to live up to those expectations]."

And who exactly would he like to see as the author?

"It has be like Downey, I designed it for Downey," he explained. "Perhaps I could re-work the script. [Maybe] Johnny Depp. It needs a very special actor like that." While it doesn't sound like there's been any recent momentum on the project, Stallone was quick to add, "I'm sure there's something on the horizon."

And who would you like to see in the role? Think Stallone's directing chops are up to snuff? Who even knows if this will ever be made. Time will tell......

4 comments:

  1. JT,

    I can only imagine how horrible this steaming pile would be. Though having Downey burst through a door firing off an AK-47 at the Raven while screaming, "Lenoooore!" would be pretty cool.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am scared.

    No, in fact, I know I am scared.

    :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the concept of a Poe bio as a movie. But so far the names Stallone, Downey and Depp (as much as I adore the Divine JD!), don't inspire confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as they don't start whisperings about a "Criss Angel, Midfreak-type," I'll probably be fine.
    Oh, and Will Farrell is out, too.

    ReplyDelete