Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Goodnight Goon, A Petrifying Parody" by Michael Rex


"In the cold grey tomb
There was a gravestone
And a black lagoon
And a picture of-
Martians taking over the moon..."


Another one of our daughter's favorites, "Goodnight Goon" by Michael Rex is a spooky but fun parody of the children's classic, "Goodnight Moon." Much like "Where's My Mummy?", it is a fun Halloween and monster-themed book that toddlers will enjoy.

Check out more about the author at his site, and pick up a copy for any little ones who enjoy Halloween and reading.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! These sound great for my friends kids (I mean you can only give them so many foam skulls to color.) :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're both really cute and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I don't have kids but I love spooky children's books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the artwork on that pic.

    ReplyDelete