Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dark Shadows is a go


Yup, confirmation has just come that this project is indeed moving forward and shooting starts in January 2011. From Deadline:

EXCLUSIVE: Seth Grahame-Smith, who made his Hollywood entry writing novels that put a macabre twist to literary classics and historical figures, has just snagged the high profile job of writing the new draft of Dark Shadows. The Tim Burton-directed adaptation of the 60s daytime serial will star Johnny Depp as the vampire Barnabas Collins. The film is slated to begin production in January at Warner Bros. Depp’s Infinitum Nihil and Graham King’s GK Films are producing.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. As much as I loved Dark Shadows as a kid.....
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Anybody, but those two....PLEASE! And the writer of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which I have read, not that impressed...I smell dookie in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay....this one bothers me....I think that dynamic duo is gotta run out of luck someday. But I have to say that I was worried about Sweeny Todd....and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, well some of the singing was....anyway, isn't the world supposed to end in 2012? So why worry :D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark Shadows. Now there's a blast from the past. What a concept eh? A horror soap. Fingers crossed the film does it justice.

    ReplyDelete