Thursday, July 22, 2010

Brad Pitt to star in World War Z (2012)


Many fans of this amazing Max Brooks novel have been wondering where the development stood. There was some early buzz back in 2007 that the film rights had been secured by Brad Pitt, but not too much has happened since then. Boy, has that changed and how!!

Now MTV has confirmed that not only will Pitt's company produce, but he will star as well. According to Brooks, they hope to get this in theaters by summer 2012.

Read on for the details. I'm pretty stoked about this news and hope they do the novel justice. If you have not read it yet, go grab a copy now!

4 comments:

  1. JT...you know I am very excited about this. Holly Crap on a Cracker...FINALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, will look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JT,

    I'm looking forward to this movie as well, though I'm a little worried about what form it will take. As much as I enjoyed WWZ, I would have preferred prose to interview flashbacks.

    Recently I started reading "Feed," by Mira Grant. It's a similar post-apocalyptic living-with-zombies-in-our-midst tale, but it's straight narrative which I find more enjoyable.

    It's hook is tying into the the growth of blogging (reminiscent of the Sandra Bullock movie "The Net" in 1995 soon after the Internet started to gain popularity), but it's a well-written story nonetheless. It would make a similarly entertaining movie I believe.

    Anyway, let's hope the world doesn't end in 2012 before WWZ comes out.

    Cheers,
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rich - I actually share your apprehension about a film version of this novel. We taped HC last night and I said the same. The narrative and structure of the novel don't really seem well translatable to the screen.
    I just hope they don't eff it up....

    I'll have to look for that novel, thanks for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete