Monday, June 28, 2010

Addams Family update


As first mentioned in this post, a brand new animated take on Charles Addams' creepy, kooky and classic cartoon family is coming our way, and Tim Burton's name was attached.

Well, producre Christopher Meledandri recently updated ComingSoon.net and said that the project is indeed moving forward, and that they hope Burton will still direct.

The current plans are for the film to be stop motion (not computer animation) and that it will be faithful to Addams' original comics. One cool tidbit is that they are still toying with the idea of doing the flick in black and white. I says go for it!

Read the story above for more info. In the meantime, I am definitely looking forward to this one.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I completely agree, black and white would be fantastic!!!

    Thanks for the heads up.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And, P.S., ShellHawk did a brilliant job on her latest Hauntcast segment on The Addams Family. Man, that girl is a genius!"
    Signed,
    Johnny Thunder :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I still haven't heard the new show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please NOOOO MMMMMOOOOOOORRRREEEE Tim Burton grandios fecal matter. Talk about a guy who needs a reboot! Can he please do one movie without his wife and his man-wife Depp being involved? Night Before Christmas was his animated opus, he should not do any more, the will is finally dry. Jez I sound like I am rambling...

    Scare on brothers and sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to see this one! I think this is going to be HUUUUUUUUGE!

    ReplyDelete