Monday, February 8, 2010

Interview with The Wolf Man's director Joe Johnston


Did you know there's a Wolf Man movie coming out this week? LOL - I thought you did. As a fan of Universal's classic monster gang, I am so excited to finally see this flick, what with all the delays and issues with release dates.

Well, our fiendish friends over at STYD have a great one-on-one with the director, John Johnston, who discusses the film. Great interview with lots of great information!

The Wolf Man opens on Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the wicked cool Joe Johnson interview! My friend Phileas and I have already made plans to see The Wolfman this weekend. I recently watched the 1941 original The Wolf Man and, as always, I was struck by how sympathetic Chaney’s portrayal of Larry Talbot is, given that in the first quarter of the film, he comes off as a typical American skirt-chasing rogue. I’m hopeful that the screenwriters are faithful to the atmosphere of the original. I know the film went back for re-shoots to add more action and special effects to The Wolfman, but it looks like the story of Larry Talbot, his father and his brother’s fiancĂ© (changed from the original’s love interest) will still be the focus of the film. I hope I’ll be able to post a wicked positive review on my blog this weekend!

    ReplyDelete