Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rob Zombie's Halloween II - Alternate Ending


Well, as I have said, Halloween II was one of the biggest disappointments of this past year and was, to put it bluntly, a hot mess. After all the hype, and our running joke on Hauntcast, the flick fell flat on its face.

I don't know too many people who enjoyed Zombie's sequel to his Halloween remake, let alone anyone really interested in the DVD and Blu-Ray release on January 12, 2010. Interesting that the DVD and Blu-Ray will include Zombie's "alternate ending" that he has claimed in interviews is the "real ending" of his movie and the one that "fans wanted." Here's a link courtesy of STYD with this allegedly fantastic ending.

This still is just nothing that works for me. I don't care if you posit the entire film as a drug-fueled delusion on the part of Laurie, or you look at it as a straight forward slasher flick, it needed an entire script overhaul.

Ah well, for what it's worth, if you want to check it out, the link's there. But save your money and don't buy the DVD or Blu-Ray, gang!

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I knew you were going to say that about this one....I was really hoping for something on the Blu-Ray - thanks for the warning. I will be avoiding this one.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete