Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)


Hey horror fiends - your friendly neighborhood Johnny Thunder here with an update on one of horror's modern character icons - Freddy Krueger.

This picture is our best to-date look at Jackie Earl Haley's Freddy in the redo.

Call me nuts (and if I had a dollar for everyone that does on a daily basis....well, I'd be retired on my boat in Key West), but as we said on Hauntcast, I am cautiously optimistic about this film. I thought the trailer showed some promise, and I am a huge fan of Haley. If anyone doubts he can pull off the menace and pure evil of Krueger, check out his amazing performance in Watchmen.

From what we have heard and seen, this film seeks to get Krueger away from the stand-up comedy that, to me, marred many of the later films, and instead seeks to return the character to his roots - one of horror, evil and, well, pure nightmare.

Mark your calendars, and we will all check him, and the movie, out on April 30, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Call me cautiously optimistic too - I really want this film to work. Freddy always was my favorite 'modern' horror icon.

    This is one horror remake that will be getting my money on opening weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freddy is my favorite Boogyman from the 80s, I truly hope they treat this with respect and dont fuck it up. If anything, maybe they can improve the original films ending which i always thought was a bit weak.

    ReplyDelete