Thursday, December 10, 2009

George Romero's Survival of the Dead (2010)


By way of update on a story I did a long ways back on Hauntcast - and if you didn't hear it, I just can't believe you'd skip one of my all-star superspectacular segments - but here's some release information on Romero's next Dead flick.

George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead is now available for pre-order over at Amazon.co.uk with a scheduled release date of March 15, 2010 from Optimum Home Entertainment. However, there is no information about when it will be available in the U.S. or Canada.

For anyone who's not familiar with this latest living dead fest, here's the official synopsis:

Filmmaker George A. Romero unleashes the sixth film in his DEAD series(which started with NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD in 1968, progressing through the likes of DAWN OF TEH DEAD before culminating with 2007's DIARY OF THE DEAD) with this gut-munching shocker surrounding a clash of ideals between two factions of inhabitants on a remote island after a zombie outbreak.

I am actually looking forward to this one because I thought Romero redeemed himself a bit with Diary (even though I am burned out on the first-person perspective cinematic device)given what a debacle Land was.......

More news as I get it!

1 comment:

  1. Land of the Dead has actually grown on me with more watches. I mean, its not what we expected from Romero, but its still fairly decent film.

    I think what made me not like it as much is the fact that it takes place in the future, when all I really wanted to see was how Romero would handle a zombie threat in our modern world. Same as he did with the 60 with Nigh, in the 70s with Dead and the 80s with Day.

    Each movie took place in its own decade, but Land takes place in some futuristic place where zombies have already taken over the world. Didnt love that about it.

    But then he kind of redeemed himself with Diary, but it wasnt all it could have been either. Sadly. Still, Im curious as hell for Survival!

    ReplyDelete